Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Scallopy Goodness

I’m on a roll, posting 3 nights in a row
While surfing blogland a week or so ago I came across this recipe on Carrots 'N' Cake.  I have to admit it sounded like a bit of an odd combination to me, but I thought I would give it a try.  I am not a huge seafood fan, (yes I know it’s almost unthinkable for a Maritimer to not be a seafood fan), so I am always looking for recipes that will make seafood more appealing to me.   So Seared Scallops with White Beans it was.
              IMG_0920
I have to say I was very please with this combo.  The scallops were buttery, flavorful and not “fishy” tasting.  All of the flavors combined perfectly and it was filling. 
I was pretty sure the boy would not like this mostly because of the spinach and the fact that it isn’t your typical meat and potatoes kinda meal.  I warned him before he came home that we were having something different.  I was shocked…. he loved it!!  This meal will definitely be making another appearance soon.
I have discovered so many great recipe ideas, food combinations etc. since I started reading blogs.  There are so many great ideas,  out there, I just wish I had all the time in the world to try them all.  Hmmm would that be a good enough excuse to quit  my job and stay home, probably not.  I have tried so many new things I never would have tried if I hadn’t read everyone’s opinions / suggestions first.
One super popular item is Pom Wonderful.  I have tried this a few times but find the flavor too strong for me.  So I mixed it with water and that was ok but not what I was looking for.  I thought it would be good mixed with some Sprite but I don’t like pop.  So while cruising the aisles of the Superstore I found Presidents Choice Lemon Flavored Carbonated Water.  This was the perfect combination and with a little Vodka would make a great cocktail.  Now if only POM would go on sale more  often I’d be all set.
                            IMG_0931
Have you tried things you never thought you would try after reading about them on other blogs? 
That’s all I have for you tonight
~~Jackie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the recipe you sent me on Twitter? It looks fab!

I have tried SO many new foods b/c of blogs. ;)

NSGIRL said...

I tried that carbonated water stuff & didn't like it at all!!!! It's right up there with tofu!! Well...maybe not that bad!