I was so excited for this book to hit the shelves that I pre-ordered it months before it was released, then I waited and when it finally arrived I was like a kid at Christmas. I may have done a little dance standing at the mailbox that day.
The first thing that will draw you in is the photos. The colors are bright and crisp so everything just jumps off the page and make you want to run to the kitchen and recreate what you're seeing.
When you're done flipping through the photos it's time to get to reading. This is not your average cookbook. There is so much more than delicious recipes.
In the Introduction you'll learn what UnDiet means as Meghan shares her food philosophy.
- UnDiet is looking at the world through a fuchsia-colored lens, seeking and creating the joy, fun and vibrancy that comes with living a healthy life.
- UnDiet is about being set free from whatever titles and labels we have dropped on ourselves about the way we eat, look, move, love, think, sleep and shake the jiggle in our wiggle.
- UnDiet is breaking free from the rules we think we’re meant to follow, un-cubing ourselves from the cubicle world (or at least the beige, wall-to-wall carpeted way of thinking), and doing what is the very best for our individual health.
- UnDiet is about questioning the paradigms of convention, and breaking the rules so we can create our own.
- UnDiet is a simple, effective, bright-side-of-the-road way to achieve optimal vibrant health and live the life of our dreams
- There's a chapter on Beauty Care.
- Entertaining that includes menus and party plans including ones for Taco Night, Brunch, Girls Spa Night and there's even a party menu plan for the Kiddies.
- If you travel Meghan's got you covered there too with snack ideas for the plane and lots of ideas and tips to have a fun trip the Undiet way.
- In the final chapter, UnDiet for life Meghan talks about structuring your free time, goal setting, sleep hygiene and much much more.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes and prick them in a few places with a fork (this gives them room to breathe as they bake). Place them on a baking sheet and bake until soft all the way through, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, heat the olive oil in a medium pan and the onion and garlic. Cook until soft. Add the beans and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in your greens (the heat will wilt them). Add your lemon juice, sambal, and sea salt to taste.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven. To serve, slice each sweet potato through the middle and top with beans + greens mix and your optional add-ons.