- 2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 cup each, ground chia and ground flax *(you can use all ground flax if that’s all you have)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Heaping 1/4 cup flaked coconut + 2 tbsp , toasted
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup plain Greek or Balkan yogurt
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 heaping cup fresh grated pineapple (or you could use canned crushed)
Over medium heat toast your coconut in a frying pan till golden brown. Don’t get distracted and walk away or you will end up with something that looks like this.
When you open your can of coconut milk, stir it well so it is well combined. Mix coconut milk, maple syrup, yogurt and pineapple in a medium bowl.
Add to wet ingredients and mix till combined. Add almond milk. The amount will depend on how much juice your pineapple had. If you think it looks to runny just let it sit for a few minutes, the flax and/or chia will absorb some of the liquid.
Pour into a 8 x 8 baking dish, bake at 350 until golden brown, and the top appears dry about 35-45 mins. Top with toasted coconut you set aside and let cool. Cut into squares.