Monday, July 12, 2010

Another Typical Monday

Hi all!!  Hope your week is off to a good start.  Monday’s are not the best day for me and this one was more of the same.  By shortly after 9:00 I was ready for the day/week to be DONE!!  I fear this will be a very LONG week. 

Breakie was pretty standard.  The boy wanted a smoothie so no fresh juice today.   In the blender today was 1 banana, handful of blueberries, 1 scoop of Chocolate Amazing Grass, UVAB,  spinach, and ground flax.  Always a good combo.

                    SMOOTHIE

For my mid morning snack overnight oats.  A favorite of mine, and very popular breakfast choice in the blog world.  Today's mixture – 1/2 c oats, UVAB,  chia seeds,  ground flax, a few Goji berries, a splash of pure maple syrup, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.  Sorry no measurements, I very rarely measure unless I’m baking.

Lunch was another standard for me.  Huge salad, but I won’t bore you with those ingredients. 

Next up supper.  A recipe from the Weight Watchers web site, Chicken Cordon Bleu.  It’s tasty but I hate trying to roll the chicken up.  I am so not skilled in that area.

                  IMG_0934

For sides there was some grilled asparagus for me.  

I heartasparagus.  Growing up I couldn’t stand it because mom only used to buy it canned.  Blech… talk about disgusting.  For hubby canned peas.  He will only eat them canned.

For the carbs I thought rice would be a good choice. 

I love this rice.    IMG_0932 I cook it with some chicken broth and it gets a nice creamy consistency like risotto.

                  IMG_0936

Well that’s it for the food today.  Look at me posting 2 days in a row.  I think that might be a record.

Night all

~~Jackie  smile_regular

1 comment:

JavaChick said...

I woke up this morning thinking it was Friday; was quite dismayed to realize it's only Tuesday. Gonna be a long week I think.

I buy the Lundberg Long Grain Brown Rice - best brown rice I've had!