Sunday, July 11, 2010

AN OLD FRIEND

Hello bloggies, hopefully someone is still reading.  I seem to be having some issues with posting on a consistent basis.  As with most everything else in my life lately I can’t seem to focus on any one thing for any length of time.
I am still reading and commenting though.  I don’t know how some of you bloggers out there find the time to post so often, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day, and each post is just as interesting as the last.  My posts are what… something like 1 every few months.. NOT GOOD!!
Moving on. 
I decided to break out an old friend.  My Jack Lalanne juicer. 
                           IMG_0896
My first attempts at juicing involved a cheap juicer that I bought at Zellers or Sears.  I think I used it twice.  It was loud, you had to chop everything in tiny pieces, and it didn’t extract much juice at all.  Then I bought my first Jack Lalanne  juicer and it was love at first sight.  No chopping, it’s quiet and gives you a lot of juice.  If you want to try your hand at juicing I would say don’t waste your money on the typical department store juicers.
I’ve been drinking my green smoothies… and miracle of miracles I even got the boy drinking them.  I”m bound and determined to get the good stuff into him one way or another.  Anyway, I wanted a change and there is nothing like fresh juice.  My favorite combo at the moment is
                                                        1 large beet
1 red apple
1 green apple
1 inch piece of fresh ginger
                            IMG_0893
After juicing I pour it into the blender and throw in some spinach for some added veggie goodness, and of course some crushed ice.         
Another favorite is
1 carrot, 1 green apple, 1 red apple, 1 lemon, 1 inch piece of ginger, and 1 stalk of celery.
Some of the juice combos don’t sound like they would be very good, but they are tasty and refreshing.  
Do you juice your fruits and veggies?   If so what’s your favorite combo?
As always the weekend has flown by and it’s back to work tomorrow.  smile_sad
~~Jackie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never made my own juice before but it's something that I'd love to try. Your combos sound great!

JavaChick said...

Not a juicer - I like to chew my food. I rarely drink juice of any kind.

I hear you about keeping up with posting - I find I can't seem to do it these days either.