Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Heating Pads and Ice Packs

I’m cuddled up in bed with my best friends..the heating pad and an ice pack.  I was at the chiropractor on Friday and feeling great but my shoulder seems to be acting up now and I thought the bursitis in my hip was on the mend but that appears to be flaring up too.  Yay!!!  Zumba class  tomorrow so I want to make sure I’m ready.  

Breakfast and lunch yesterday was my usual.  Green monster, bucket of salad with a few slices of Piri Piri chicken and some homemade hummus.

For supper there were two meals.  For the boy meat of course in the form of a steak.  

                IMG_0861

I was never a steak fan until I met the boy and he cooked me steak his way.  Still not something I would eat all the time but once in a blue moon I can definitely dig into one.

Supper for me was some boneless skinless chicken marinated in Pampered Chef souvlaki seasoning a tiny bit of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon.  While the chicken was marinating another large mixed greens salad dressed with balsamic vinegar.

                IMG_0862

With that a side of roasted asparagus and sweet potatoes.

               IMG_0863

All together now with a little Tzatziki for dipping.

              IMG_0864

I also found the recipe for these little pieces of heaven on Averie's blog.  She has quite a few quick, easy and tasty raw recipes on her site.

Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough  Balls

             IMG_0850

I’m not a fan of cashews so I used almonds.  They are had to put down.  I threw mine in the freezer so they would be out of sight and would last longer.

I am still on a quest to find the perfect protein bar.  By perfect I mean tastes good, with good nutritional information.  Not too high in fat and sugar and not alot of additives.  I thought I would give this one a try.

           IMG_0854

This was a fail. smile_sad     The nutritional information was good   (7 g of fibre),  but the taste… YUCK!!  The bar itself was hard, it had a bitter taste with an odd aftertaste.  The “blueberry” well I’m not quite sure how to explain that flavor.  Needless to say it went in the garbage, and I hate to waste money like that, but there was no way I was going to finish it.

Have a good night all

~~Jackie

No comments: