Sunday, January 17, 2010

Weekly Recap

Nothing too exciting going on here. I've been doing good so far with working out again after my 3 or 4 month hiatus. I thought I would try a different approach this time. Usually I just pick up right where I left off, and that more often than not ends in an injury of some sort, which leads to frustration on my part and I have to stop yet again. This time I thought I would gradually work myself back up to where I was... not rocket science I know. So far so good. I managed to work out 6 days this week ( I haven't done that for about a year). Made a conscious effort to drink at least 2L water each day and I'm down 2 lbs. Not a huge loss but a loss all the same.



On the food front I made some Tandori Chicken for supper the other night that was quite tasty. Hubby didn't like it ... too spicy for him. Why must they be so fussy. It was a package I picked up at Pete's Frootique awhile back. It contained the spices and a package of rice. You add 2 of the spice packets to plain yogurt, along with lemon juice and oil. Marinate the chicken in it for 2-3 hours. The other spice packet is mixed with plain yogurt to make a dipping sauce for the chicken.




While the chicken was cooking I soaked some rice noodles (I didn't feel like rice) and got out some snow peas. After the chicken was cooked I added the noodles and snow peas to the pan for a quick stir fry then added the chicken back. Some of the yogurt dip and some tatziki.

Home made pizza for supper Friday night. Always a fan favorite in my house. I didn't feel like cooking Saturday night so a huge salad for me. I think it weighed 2lbs. Mixed greens, grilled chicken, grape tomatoes, red cabbage, green onions, english cucumber, a sprinkle of feta, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and a couple of garlic croutons. Squeeze of lemon, fresh ground pepper and light Greek Dressing.

Tonight was Roasted Pork Tenderloin, Creamy Parmesan Orzo, and a Turnip Puff. Yummo!! The pork tenderloin was cooked perfectly if I do say so myself.... moist and flavorful.

That's all for now. Guess I better get off the computer so I can get some exercise in tonight.

1 comment:

NSGIRL said...

The Tandoori Chicken was delicious! Thanks for bringing me some!!