Sunday, January 24, 2010

Crockpot Lasagna

I found  this recipe over at The WW Chick  and thought I would give it a try.  I have wanted to try a lasagna in the Crockpot for some time but was afraid it would just turn into Lasagna soup.
No soup here, it stayed intact.  It was a little juicier than what I normally like my lasagna to be but all in all it was tasty, figure friendly and easy!!
IMG_0775
As I do with every recipe, I made some changes / additions.
  • Used whole wheat regular lasagna noodles.
  • Half a package of frozen spinach
  • Grated 2 large carrots into the meat mixture
  • Used half  lean ground chicken and half extra lean ground beef
  • Added 1 spicy Italian Turkey Sausage
I would have added more spice to it but the hubs doesn’t like spicy food :o(
Served up with a large salad for supper.
IMG_0776      IMG_0778
During my 650th    I mean 6th trip to the grocery I picked up some Sea Salt and Vinegar Baked Kettle Chips.  I adore chips especially salt and vinegar.  I have yet to find a semi healthy version that actually tastes like a potato chip.  These came very close.  Nice and crunchy with tons of flavor, they beat Baked Lays hands down!!
IMG_0774
The other flavors are:  Salt and Pepper, White Cheddar, BBQ, and Lightly Salted.
As always the weekend flew by and it’s back to work tomorrow..BOO!! 

1 comment:

JavaChick said...

I'm with you on baked chips, but the Baked Kettle Chips are really good. Husband & I both like them. :)