Sunday, September 16, 2012

Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar {Liquid Gold}

Here we are again, another week of vacation comes to an end. This week of vacation was pretty uneventful.  I spent most of the time working on my RHN course.  I know it's not how most would chose to spend their vacation but it works for me.  This course is so interesting and I love learning about everything. While everyone else has been spending their time engrossed in Fifty Shades of Grey, I haven't been able to put down, Eating Alive, Healing Arthritis, and The Nutritional Bypass...who'd have thought!

I did take some time off from studying and ventured over to Halifax with hubby.  I indulged in some Chai Masala Gelato and a Skor Bar Latte (made with Almond Milk) from Humani T Cafe. They make their own gelato and sorbetto from scratch without artificial flavouring or colouring, and use organic ingredients or ingredients from our local market. Something else I noticed was they have Gluten Free cones. I didn't try them but always a great option. They have a great lunch menu as well.  Made fresh with local ingredients whenever possible and offer Vegan and Gluten Free options.  If you're in Halifax you should make a point to visit them.  (I didn't have my camera with me so these photos are from their site)



One of our other stops was a little piece of Foodie Heaven, well at least for me.  Hubby didn't find it quite as exciting as I did.  I had been meaning to check this place out for some time now but never made it over the bridge.  Now that I've been once I guarantee it will not be my last visit.  I wanted one of everything!!  This little piece of heaven is called Liquid Gold Tasting Bar & All things Olive.  You can find them in the Hydrostone Market along with other great shops, cafes, and restaurants (oh, and if you like garlic you have to try Salvatore's Ceasar Salad). Back  to the Liquid Gold.  Not only do they have olive oil, they have Balsamic Vinegar, Flavour infused Oils, and Gourmet Oils.  The best part is you can taste them all before you decide. I was like a kid in a candy store.


I couldn't decide on an olive oil so I came home with three Balsamic Vinegars . Cranberry Pear White Balsamic, Maple Balsamic and Dark Chocolate Balsamic.  Yup that's right I said Dark Chocolate Balsamic.  If only strawberries were still in season this would be perfect drizzled over the top. 

If you have any recipe ideas for me please let me know.

~~ Jackie



1 comment:

NSGIRL said...

Was at Liquid Gold this weekend! OMG they ALL taste so good! I can't pick a favorite...the Coconut Balsamic is really good though...and the Maple....and the Pineapple...and the Espresso...and the Dark Chocolate....and well ALL of them!