Monday, September 28, 2009

Inspiration, Motivation, Determination, Focus, Divine Intervention

Or... Maybe all of the above. I'm not sure what I need but I need something.


I have been slacking when it comes to activity over the past week or so. Mostly because I haven't been physically able and as always the same pattern seems to be taking hold. I get discouraged because I can't put the effort in I want to put in. I will try to do a workout, and can't complete it because something or everything is hurting. Then I figure well it's been a week now, I'll just give it another day. Then that turns into two weeks, and so on and so on. I know on one hand what I should be doing when this happens is an easy workout, until I can get back to full strength, Some activity is better than no activity. On the other hand I tell myself, if I can't do it at full strength what is the point. It's a vicious cycle and my lack of sleep certainly isn't helping either.

I did manage to get on the treadmill for 30 mins tonight and do 40 mins of Pilates so that's progress. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. With any luck, sleep will not elude me again tonight and I'll be full of energy tomorrow. Fingers crossed!!!

I used to go to the gym with my friend and actually looked forward to going to the gym (I never thought that would happen), but, she doesn't go anymore and I really don't enjoy going by myself. Not too mention it is much more difficult to avoid going when the other person is on your case to get to the gym. I have a gym at home now so you would think it would be easy to walk in the other room and get on the treadmill but oh noooooo, it is much easier to turn on the computer, or the TV or read a book.

















I have been doing good as far a staying on plan with my food. Although nothing too interesting there. A few frozen dinners last week and we all know how exciting Lean Cuisine is. I did cook a delicous roast last week. Hubby said on a scale of 1 to 10 it was and 11 so that's a bonus. It also fed him for 3 meals so an even bigger bonus. I thought I would treat him to his favorite. He is becoming meat deprived since I very rarely cook beef anymore.

So what do I need. I guess I need to refine my plan, and find my focus. I can find some inspiration in all these fabulous blogs. I am determined however, I am lacking in motivation so I guess I'll have to work on that one. As for divine intervention well... who knows

Jackie

No comments: