Here we are again, made it through another Monday. Only four more days and the weekend is here again…trust me it can’t come soon enough.
A couple weeks ago I was off work and saw the recipe on Rachael Ray. While her recipes are usually quite yummy looking they aren’t really on the healthy side of the food spectrum. White pasta and lots of cheese make a regular appearance. I saw this one and thought it had potential so I wanted to give it a try. It only has a few ingredients and can be ready to eat in 30 minutes.
I changed a few things up so here’s the link to the original recipe Ten Shallot and Kale Spaghetti
The original recipe says it’s 4 servings. It made a very large batch so I would say it is more than 6 servings especially if you serve it with a large mixed green salad.
Ten Shallot and Kale Pasta
- 10 large shallots halved and thinly sliced
- 10 cloves of garlic thinly sliced (I love garlic so adjust to your taste)
- 2 big pinches of crushed red chilli's
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 lb spaghetti (whole wheat, rice, kamut, spelt)
- 1 bunch (medium) kale, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts toasted and chopped
- chopped fresh parsley
- fresh grated parmesan
- salt and pepper
Serve topped with fresh grated parmesan, toasted walnuts and fresh parsley.
I was really happy with this recipe. It had a lot of flavour, is figure friendly and of course the kale adds a lot of nutrition punch.
Have a great week! Don’t forget to head on over to Facebook and like my page.